Gameboy Disassembler Tutorial - STREAM
Thanks to everyone who watched my stream. You can get a copy of the Gameboy ROM Disassembler here. It's quite basic, but it could be a useful entry point into the world of reverse engineering for interested folks.
If you missed the stream, you can view it here and follow me for future videos on Twitch.
If you have any additional questions, comments, et al. feel free to get at me on twitter! @dmxinajeansuit.
- PanDocs - An exhaustive list of internals, here in wiki form
- "The Nintendo Gameboy" - Another amazing pdf detailing internals with hardware pictures and cool diagrams. Based on PanDocs.
- Gameboy Programming Manual - Official, formerly classified document for developers of the Gameboy and Gameboy Color systems from the 90s.
- Gameboy CPU Manual - A more technical look at the cpu inside the gameboy.
Two really good videos that explain some of the hardware aspects are here and here. They're really slick and easy to follow.
Future installments are forthcoming:
- Basic game development with GBDK and libCTRU + devkitPro
- Language Encoding for the original Gameboy + ancient encoding schemes.
- Examination of code execution in Gameboy games - Mainly the Pokemon Red + Blue exploits found by TheZZAZZGlitch